Slum2School seeks an ambitious and energetic individual to build our partner community, develop effective sales strategy, drive investment activities and manage our American Window [Lekki Window on America]. The Lekki Window-on-America is a space that has been set up to provide public programming spaces and supports the five core programs: English language learning, educational advising, alumni activities, cultural programs, and information about the United States.
The Business Development Executive will manage the American Window and Slum2School’s Organization’s Business development team.
The goal is to drive sustainable revenue growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with our partners while implementing programs at the American Window.
This position is full-time, working on a varying schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
The Ideal Candidate
The Business Development Executive is an individual with excellent interpersonal relationship and communications skills, who has an awareness and flare for research into business opportunities, and is able to leverage existing opportunities or present innovative business development strategies and ideas. The ideal candidate is a business development and sales expert who is able to implement strategies that strengthens Slum2School’s position as a renowned social enterprise.
The Business Development Executive will:
- Develop innovative strategies for sales of custom designed merchandise and pricing models
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Plan and host a broad program of activities, and create weekly updates and reports
- Manage the physical space of the Window ensuring that it is clean, professional, and well-organized.
- Create strategy for production of more merchandise for sales in line with achieving the total revenue targets for the year.
- Charge a consultancy fee to Organizations wishing to leverage our experience and build their own studio including tailoring solution for their needs and audience
- Experience working with youth audiences.
- Promote and rent out the virtual learning studio to Organizations and individuals to host trainings and interactive virtual events
- Research for viable investment opportunities, such as, mutual funds, money market, foreign exchange, etc.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices, and provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales customer support.
- Establish relationships with verified investment organizations.
- Manage the Windows presence on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other similar sites, including sharing, posting, and developing unique content that builds mutual understanding between the United States and Nigeria.
- Operate and maintain computer and digital equipment such as tablets, laptops, cameras, and 3D printers; set up equipment for interactive online programming using network connections and wifi.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or a relevant role.
- Proven sales track record
- Experience with social media management and content creation
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments to handle multiple tasks; ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan and maintain a budget and accurate records
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting and sensitivity to diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with customer service, administration, and logistics.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence in English.
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in the English language
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Time management and planning skills.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Economics, Sales, Management or any other relevant field
The Business Development Executive reports to Head of Partnerships & Fundraising
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer driven development organization who has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion 21st century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and key into scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems and we welcome you to join our team.