CALL FOR VOLUNTEER FACILITATORS
Description: Slum2School is a volunteer-driven development organization transforming the society by empowering underserved children in slums and remote communities with quality education, entrepreneurial skills, and psychosocial support to enable them to realize their full potential and become social reformers.
Founded in 2012, we recognize that there are severe shortcomings in the educational sector in Africa and in this area, we are committed to transforming the lives of Africa’s most precious resource – her children.
We provide educational scholarships, create safe learning spaces, use 21st century pedagogy and technology to improve learning outcomes and provide several other health and psychosocial supports for underserved children in slums and hard to reach communities.
As a Volunteer Facilitator in our teacher training program, you’ll draw on your experience to advise on teacher motivation, helping to train teachers in teaching and learning pedagogy. The session titles for the training are effective lesson planning, creating a positive classroom culture, planning an effective student practice, creating an inclusive learning environment, building effective relationships with students and assessments for learning.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Pre- primary, Primary, or Secondary schools
- Experience of teacher training, teacher coaching, and teacher capacity building is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent practice in the classroom
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Experience in mentoring or training other teachers
- Computer literacy and basic skills in managing information systems, such as creating Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
Training Duration: 7th – 11th June 2021
Location: Slum2School STEM Center, Adekunle Anglican Primary School, Makoko, Yaba, Lagos.
Time: 9am – 4pm