CHIEF OF STAFF
Slum2School Africa seeks a highly qualified chief of staff to work closely with its executive leadership and management executive team. From day one, the chief of staff will have an immediate impact on productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in providing valued administrative and management support for the Executive Director and executive leadership, Senior Management, Stakeholders and also experienced in playing an important organizational management role in support of the daily operations and long term vision of the organization.
- Serve as liaison with staff, executives, senior leaders, and the Executive Director, regarding the organization’s vision, mission, climate, culture, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Managing the Executive Director’s schedule, locally and internationally, scheduling meetings and coordinating local and international travel.
- Representing and/or working together with the Executive Director to plan and attend high level events and engagements.
- Providing department and regional leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork.
- Collaborate and work with the executive leadership team to determine and prioritize organization strategies.
- Coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees including management meetings with the Executive Director and management team.
- Support key internal/external communication and logistics.
- Assist the Human Resources department with new hires, including documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns.
- Planning, overseeing, coordinating and keeping contents of a meeting focused.
- Determining key performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- Providing tactical support to implement ideas, while initiating new ones.
- Providing Executive Director and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the organization’s operations, including socio-economic outlook.
- Assessing risk when decisions are made and providing support and oversight for special projects and initiatives.
- Supporting Human Resources in building a people friendly working community.
- Identifying and providing recommendations on improvements across the organization.
Required skills and qualifications
- Four or more years of experience in a business management, leadership support or executive role.
- Experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatile abilities and extreme dedication to efficient productivity
- Strong computer skills – a fast learner comfortable with tech.
- Applications include: Microsoft Office suite and Google G Suite (Mail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Design, Video creation, Content development and management, etc.),
- Salesforce, a range of online tools for banks, vendors, and donors
- Other apps and add-ons for organization, productivity, email, etc.
- Good listener, insightful, takes initiative
- Socially aware and savvy
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MSc, LLB (or equivalent experience) in business administration or similar field
- Experience in data analysis and budget management
- Consulting experience, with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind, focused on developing creative solutions
- Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Team player and ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and very flexible
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 10 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and they are interested in scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems.
We welcome you to join our team.