WE ARE RECRUITING TO FILL THE POSITION BELOW
Job Title: Communications Executive
The Communications Executive will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring Slum2School’s media and communication strategy geared towards increasing brand awareness, local and global positioning of the Slum2School brand through effective, consistent authentic story telling/relevant communication materials & conversations, conversion in terms of donations, partnerships, volunteer opportunities.
He/She will establish effective communication channels with all departmental/project managers to stay abreast happenings within the organization for necessary concept development and strategy implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define the most important social media KPIs
- Develop, implement & manage the Slum2School social media strategy especially through stellar visual storytelling
- Concept Development
- Research & advanced content curation, stay updated on best social media practices, and tools for best performance
- Use social media marketing tools to effectively achieve weekly/scheduled organizational goals
- Liaise with the Brand Mgt, Media & Comms Team (PR, Social Media, Brand Management, Graphics & Design, Web Management, Photography, Videography team, e-Media, Editorial & Print Media Team), to develop content which is brand aligned, appealing, and relevant in the achievement of organizational goals
- Ensure optimization of all posts, monitor user engagement, the performance of media posts & campaigns, suggest/implement necessary content optimization
- Community Management
- Building of a stronger, better engaged network/community through the engagement of social media influencers and stakeholders in relevant industries (education, human resource & volunteerism, partnership, philanthropy, etc.)
- Implement media & communications strategy to amplify Organizational activities and goals
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong portfolio in visual storytelling
- Minimum of 6 months – 1year experience as a social media manager (or a similar role)/or a strong portfolio as proof of impact realized in the required role
- Understanding of the Slum2School Brand
- Exceptional writing, storytelling & creative skills
- Knowledge of use of social media as for brand awareness, local & global positioning
- Understanding of social media KPIs
- Leadership skills
- Good team player
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to measure and interpret social media analytics, SEO, for needed strategizing
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, consumer behavior & best practices: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great photo and video editing skills
- Passion for creative/brand storytelling, advocacy, volunteerism.
- Use of Canva, Lightroom presets/editing and other relevant technologies (a plus)
Complete application at www.slum2school.org/apply by 15th April, 2021. Interviews will be on a rolling basis.