Slum2School seeks a Head of Partnerships & Fundraising with proven experience in identifying, building and maintaining strong external relationships with local and international donors and partners, and working to achieve the Organization’s long-term fundraising goals through strategic partnerships and external relations management, brand positioning, implementing and sustaining effective business models.
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising will analyze current industry trends to identify business opportunities that would generate revenue resources and profitability. He/She will define the financial and partnership growth strategy for the organization and oversee its implementation.
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising will be the focal point between external stakeholders and the Organization.
The Ideal Candidate
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising is an individual who has worked in such a role with proven industry experience and an impactful track record. He/She will strategically and proactively develop, design, lead the application for grants and secure funding for programs and projects.
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising will work strategically in building partnerships with local and international development donors and other sector organisations.
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising will:
- Strengthen and continuously improve the profile and visibility of Slum2School through participation in sector related events that showcase the mission of Slum2School and support the development of new work.
- Build and cultivate a high-performing partnership team and play an active role in attracting and retaining the right corporate and individual partners
- Proactive development of new high-value opportunities that adequately meets Slum2School’s fundraising goals
- Research and leverage high value business development and partnership opportunities
- Oversee the growth and strategy implementation for Slum2School’s business enterprises.
- Work proactively to drive innovation, including the adaptation and introduction of successful media formats and platforms in new territories, to reach new audiences.
- Develop and maintain key contacts and ensure that the organisation is abreast of trends and changes in development as it relates to partnerships and relevant themes
- Oversee, design, update and implement the Slum2School’s fundraising strategy
- Cultivate, develop and implement strategic partnerships and donor agreements
- Oversee together with the legal team, the development and management of contracts with partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an external communication strategy
- Work with the ED, COO, and Head of Finance in the development of sustainable financial management and reporting strategies and in the refinement of a set of management metrics to predict outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for organizational and programmatic growth.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Passion and Enthusiasm for Slum2School’s mission and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School a high-performing Pan-African Development organization.
- Proven record of fundraising experience in a for-profit or nonprofit business.
- Proven record of leadership skills at a mid or senior organizational level
- MBA or relevant graduate degree in management, public administration, education administration, or a related field.
- Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail and delivery
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written, including the ability to develop relevant pitch decks.
- Risk based decision making towards value-added results
- Self-starter who takes initiative, using sound, independent judgment and discretion and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic staff, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team spirit.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art organizational development tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, departments and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life
- Strong relationship, business, and project management skills
The Head of Partnerships & Fundraising reports to the Executive Director. Middle level managers and executives in the External Relations, Fundraising & Partnership Department of the organization will report to the Head of Partnerships.
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer driven development organization who has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion 21st century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and key into scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems and we welcome you to join our team.