Slum2School Africa seeks an energetic individual to manage Slum2School’s growing community of staff, volunteers within and outside Nigeria. The Human Resource and Volunteer Coordinator will be charged with ensuring Global best practices in ensuring the recruitment, engagement, management, and talent development of Slum2School’s staff and volunteers.
The Coordinator will ensure that Slum2School’s volunteers can support its strategic direction and growth, with high productivity and optimism about setting and meeting future goals while receiving high value through volunteer talent development and opportunity maximization.
The Human Resource and Volunteer Coordinator will:
- Provide cross-departmental direction for overall volunteer engagement, management, and talent development;
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Establish and maintain an efficient volunteer structure and processes required to meet objectives and manage day-to-day volunteer engagement including engagement tracking, volunteer evaluation/feedback, and communication.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and oversee the engagement of volunteers in relevant programs and organizational operations.
- Oversee Slum2School’s internship and volunteer exchange program.
- Create a cordial environment of teamwork, appreciation, and recognition.
- Oversee planning and organization of Management Support Team (MST) meetings including agenda preparation and reporting, general volunteer meetings, physical and virtual hangouts.
- Work with the Volunteer Department to manage human resources including establishing and determining volunteer policies, benefits, recruitment, evaluation, recognitions
- Identify relevant opportunities for volunteer talent development.
- Work with the Media & Communications department to ensure timely dissemination of information including frequent organizational update communication to volunteers.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business administration, or other related areas.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Certifications for Human Resource Professionals (HRCI, SHRM-CP, PHR, APHR)
- Proven record as human resources manager or relevant experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Proven record of leadership skills at a mid or senior organizational level.
- Knowledge of employee relations procedures and applicable law.
- Knowledge of staffing and employment practices.
The Human Resource and Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Head of Operations.
- Passion and Enthusiasm for Slum2School’s mission and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School a high-performing Pan-African Development organization.
- Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector.
- Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail, and delivery.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, uses sound, independent judgment, and discretion, and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic staff, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team spirit.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, departments, and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
- Strong relationship, communication, and project management skills.
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and they are interested in scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems.
We welcome you to join our team.