The Program Officer is responsible for conferring with beneficiaries and support staff to evaluate uptake and areas necessitating expansion, collecting data, inputting data into suitable software, and then arranging this to facilitate analysis.
The Program Officer shall be responsible for tasks related to the selection of the beneficiaries, beneficiaries’ data management, monitoring activities, handling field programs, and engagement with professional volunteers under the field department.
The Program Officer will:
- Work closely with all field team leads to monitor and evaluate the impact of all programs related to the beneficiaries.
- The sole responsibility is centered on the organization beneficiaries’ database, both direct and indirect beneficiaries across all communities in the North.
- The Program Officer is responsible for tasks related to the selection of the beneficiaries, database management, monitoring activities, communication with counterparts involved in scholarship projects, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with the existing regulation.
- Ensure the successful and timely implementation of project activities, including the accuracy of financial and logistic aspects.
- Work in close coordination with the supervisor to ensure the quality and the progress of the fieldwork is within the organization’s standards.
- Work with field professional volunteers to ensure the measurable impact is achieved from each team.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social sciences, and related field.
- A National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Member.
The Program Officer will report to the Program Manager.
- Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of the local language (Hausa).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Strong relationship, communication, and project management skills
- Computer data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheets and/or database applications in the compilation of data.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit data.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and they are interested in scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems.
We welcome you to join our team.