Slum2School Africa seeks an ambitious and energetic Project Coordinator to monitor and supervise all field, managerial and administrative activities for the VIA and VIA Creative Poster Competition project, The Project Coordinator will ensure that the project complies with procedures, and performance reporting requirements
The VIA and VIA Creative poster competition is a global education project designed to give young people a voice on “road safety, mobility and citizenship”. The goal is to contribute to education in road safety and citizenship with the best educational quality and the greatest possible impact through awareness on road safety to at least 10,000 young people within the age range of 10 to 16 years across 100 schools in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State.
– Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the training and competition in your state
– Liaise with the Ministry of Education to get approval for the program
– Manage lead trainers and teacher trainers
– Design criteria to select winning groups from the 100 groups in each school and
timetable for each school’s session
– Manage merchandise purchases and share with lead trainers.
– Print and share training materials to lead trainers and schools
– Print and send banners to schools for photo/video coverage
– Manage training and competition execution at schools
– Coordinate photo and video coverage at selected schools
– Send report on project implementation, impact assessment, and areas for improvement
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field*
– Proven record of leadership skills.
– Available to work full time for a period of 2 months from September to November
*This is not a compulsory qualification but preferred
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager.
– Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail, and delivery.
– Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
– Self-starter who takes initiative using sound and independent judgement, who seeks
guidance when and where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organised with attention to detail and a commitment to rigour.
– Strong relationship, business, and project management skills.
– Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
– Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, and projects
– Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.