Slum2School Africa seeks a Project Facilitator responsible for tasks related to the selection and engagement of the schools, training and monitoring activities, and engagement with external partners visiting the schools for the VIA and VIA Creative Poster Competition project.
The VIA and VIA Creative poster competition is a global education project designed to give young people a voice on “road safety, mobility and citizenship”. The goal is to contribute to education in road safety and citizenship with the best educational quality and the greatest possible impact through awareness on road safety to at least 10,000 young people within the age range of 10 to 16 years across 100 schools in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State.
– Work closely with the project coordinator in delivering assigned duties as indicated
– Physical visit to schools with a call for application
– Collate and share information on selected schools
– Inform and follow up with schools on training and competition
– Identify and select teacher trainers who will teach students for the competition.
– Design time table for training teacher trainers and students
– Train teachers in 10 schools on VIA and competition
– Periodic visits and calls to schools
– Collate and share reports on activities in assigned school
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
– Slum2School volunteer or Community-based volunnteer
– Be available to work full time for a period of one month
The Project Facilitator reports to the Project Coordinator.
– Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector.
– Excellent knowledge of the English language
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organised with concern for detail and a commitment to rigour.
– Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
– Computer data entry skills.
– Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.