Slum2School Africa seeks an experienced Human Resource Manager who will serve as a Volunteer Coordinator with a track record of transformational leadership, proven experience in managing individuals and teams through strategic planning and implementation.
Working from our headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria, the Volunteer Manager is responsible for managing Slum2School’s growing community of volunteers within and outside Nigeria.
The Volunteer Manager will be charged with ensuring Global best practices in ensuring the recruitment, engagement, management, and talent development of Slum2School’s volunteers. The Volunteer Manager will ensure that Slum2School’s volunteers can support its strategic direction and growth, with high productivity and optimism about setting and meeting future goals while receiving high value through volunteer talent development and opportunity maximization
The Ideal Candidate
The Volunteer Manager will work to implement strategy and vision in building Slum2School’s volunteer culture while serving as a key member of the management team. The volunteer manager will work systematically to meet Slum2School’s goals by addressing key volunteer engagement and management process issues.
The Volunteer Manager will:
- Provide cross-departmental direction for overall volunteer engagement, management, and talent development;
- Establish and maintain an efficient volunteer structure and processes required to meet objectives and manage day-to-day volunteer engagement including engagement tracking, volunteer evaluation/feedback, and communication.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and oversee the engagement of volunteers in relevant programs and organizational operations
- Oversee Slum2School’s internship and volunteer exchange program
- Create a cordial volunteer environment of teamwork, appreciation and recognition
- Oversee planning and organization of Management Support Team (MST) meetings including agenda preparation and reporting, general volunteer meetings, physical and virtual hangouts.
- Work with the Volunteer Department to manage human resources including establishing and determining volunteer policies, benefits, recruitment, evaluation, recognitions
- Identify relevant opportunities for volunteer talent development
- Work with the Media & Communications department to ensure timely dissemination of information including frequent organizational update communication to volunteers.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for Slum2School’s mission and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School a high-performing Pan-African Development organization.
- 2-3 years proven record of people management in a full-time, part-time, or volunteer managerial role
- Self-starter who takes initiative, using sound, independent judgment and discretion and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Demonstrated experience with program design and implementation
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic human resource team, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team spirit.
- Knowledge of human resources and experience setting individual and team performance goals and evaluating their execution.
- Knowledge of risk management and the ability to develop effective risk-management strategies.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art organizational development tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple teams, departments, and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
The Volunteer Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology, and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and key to scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems and we welcome you to join our team.