The Executive Assistant is an experienced and effective individual who will provide
valued administrative support for the Executive Director and also play an important
organizational management role in support of the daily operations of the organization.
● Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and liaise with the
● Manage and support calendar and contact database ensuring efficient
● Support meetings and calls, including logistics, written materials, food, supplies
● Coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees
● Plan travel and assemble expense reports.
● Seek, identify and fulfill other opportunities to support ED & leadership team
● Support the running of the office
● Order office supplies, including helping with vendor selection for quality, support,
● Monitor and maintain pantry supplies; manage petty cash
● Monitor phones, emails and manage logistics
● Support Human Resource functions.
● Support recruiting efforts – placement of ads and monitoring of responses
● 3 years of prior experience as an Executive Assistant
● Bachelor’s degree in an administrative course is a plus.
● Ability to work with diverse teams
● Strong computer skills – a fast learner comfortable with tech. Current
applications include: Microsoft Office suite and Google G Suite (Mail, Sheets,
Docs, Calendar, etc.),
● Salesforce, a range of online tools for banks, vendors, donors, and range of
other apps and add-ons for organization, productivity, email, etc.
● Good listener, insightful, takes initiative
● Socially aware and savvy
● A highly positive and collegial attitude is essential
● Organizational and planning skills
● Communication skills
● Information gathering and monitoring skills
● Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
● Judgment and decision-making ability
● Team player and ability to work under pressure
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Adaptability and very flexible