Slum2School Africa launches Global Volunteer Recruitment for 2023
Applications are open for the 2023 Global Volunteer Program at Slum2School Africa.
The Slum2School Africa Global Volunteer programme provides an opportunity for individuals
from Africa and around the world who are willing to create transformational change in
African communities through a series of initiatives that help them build their network, gain
practical skills, improve their resume, develop a sense of purpose, increase self-confidence and
maximise their potential.
Are you interested in accelerating childcare development, building learning programs,
constructing education centres, raising funds and building partnerships to ensure that every child
gets access to quality education? As a volunteer with Slum2School Africa, you can positively
impact your country while working alongside local and international volunteers from around the
Why volunteer with Slum2School Africa?
1. Slum2School Africa as a volunteer-driven organisation has provided educational
scholarships, built various learning centres and supported over 625,000 underserved
children by enabling them to gain access to quality education, entrepreneurial and
technological skills, psycho-social and medical support in the last 10 years.
2. Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work at Slum2School Africa, particularly at the
community level, where they usher in greater ownership of programmes and projects.
3. By volunteering for Slum2School, you can share your knowledge of local languages and
culture and bring an insider’s understanding of social conditions.
4. As a volunteer, you will positively impact your community while working alongside
individuals with shared interests worldwide.
5. By volunteering, you will not only be making a huge impact in the lives of underserved
children living in slums and remote communities, but also in your personal development.
1. An opportunity to make a difference and be a part of the dynamic and global
Slum2School Africa Community.
2. Connect and network with a diverse range of amazing people creating social change.
3. Improve your leadership and project management skills and boost your career options.
4. Gain practical skills.
5. Gain recognition for your impact and recommendation where necessary.
6. Volunteer positions are always part-time, non-paid and you will be expected to serve in
one of 40+ teams with other dynamic professionals who share similar interests.
Criteria for Selection
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
1. Ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others.
2. Strong social and communication skills.
3. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
4. An energetic, positive attitude.
5. Strong alignment with organisational values.
6. Be passionate about children and community development.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion,
socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Slum2School Global
Volunteer Recruitment is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
1. Are above 16 years on or before the application deadline.
2. Applicants can be residents anywhere in the world.
3. Availability for projects, programs and other learning interventions.
4. A valid means of identification.
Complete the application form properly and are available to undergo all other recruitment and
5th December 2022 to 5th January 2023
Click slum2school.org/volunteer to apply
For more information sign up today and follow @Slum2School online as we bring hope to every