GRANTS AND FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
Slum2School seeks a Grants and Fundraising Coordinator who will work with the External Relations, Fundraising, and Partnerships department as well as other departments to conceptualize, attract, engage and sustain high-level relationships between Slum2School Africa and individual donors and to secure unrestricted and program-focused grants.
The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator will have passion and enthusiasm for Slum2School Africa’s mission, and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School Africa a high-performing Pan-African Development organization by enhancing funding models, identifying new sources of funding, and developing sustainable and effective grants programs. He/She is expected to be a stellar communicator, exceptional fundraiser, great presenter, and has an exceptional ability to build confidence and gain the respect of individuals at all levels.
- The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator will:
- Work closely with the Head of Operations, and other Team Leads to identify opportunities, develop proposals, and build relationships with prospective individual donors.
- Organize, plan and oversee fundraising activities and campaigns.
- Manage overall grant efforts, optimize the grant administration process. Reviewing grant proposals, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, managing grant databases.
- Prepare progress reports, document payments, expenditures, and financial reports.
- Research and apply for relevant grants opportunities on both local and international scales.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of funder prospects and prospective collaborative partners
- Build upon partnerships with, and secure funding from, a diverse and sustainable base of major donors, with a specific focus on individuals.
- Provide a first-class experience to all our donors and supporters.
- Build relationships with new individual partners and maintain relationships with existing partners.
- Actively contribute to implementing a new integrated fundraising strategy and yearly budgets in line with yearly organizational goals.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to evaluate specific fundraising projects and ensure a steady increase in funds raised.
- Ensure high-quality, ongoing management and engagement with a range of external stakeholders, existing individual partners, and potential individual donors.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- BSc and/or MSc/MBA or relevant graduate degree in Management, Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in a related mid or senior-level management role.
- Proven record of fundraising experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Proven record of leadership skills at a mid or senior organizational level.
- Strong relationship, business, and project management skills.
- Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail, and delivery.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, uses sound, independent judgment, and discretion, and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, departments, and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, maintaining a sense of humor, and interacting with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator will report to the Head of Corporate Communications and PartnershipsOperations.
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 10 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and they are interested in scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems.
We welcome you to join our team.