Slum2School Africa seeks an ambitious and energetic individual to monitor and supervise all project-related partner and beneficiary activities and ensure that the project complies with creative policies, procedures, and performance reporting requirements.
The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the field and program-related activities for the organization that supports beneficiaries and host communities. He/she will work in close coordination with the Head of Operations and Partnerships department to develop plans, update program trackers, support program and training activity implementation, equipment delivery, and community engagement activities.
The Program Manager will:
- Serve as primary technical contact and liaison with the Program Team, teachers, field staff, community leaders, and beneficiaries to ensure proper implementation, adequate monitoring, and sufficient coordination of field activities.
- Monitor and track the implementation of approved activities, monitor timelines, track budgets, support subcontract development, resolve issues, and ensure the timely completion and closure of activities (in coordination with Operations, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), and Finance.
- Manage advocacy, profiling, enrolment, monitoring, and evaluation of beneficiaries and their database.
- Design evidence-based programs in line with the organizations’ goals and priorities of the communities we serve.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations, People and Talent Manager to recruit and train field employees.
- Lead and organize the Slum2School Africa scholarship programs and ensure the program has a measurable impact on the beneficiaries, communities, volunteers, and schools.
- Develop standard processes and documentation required for project executions.
- Prepare project budget and program schedule.
- Perform project management tasks including project timeline estimation and task assignment.
- Undertake occasional regional travel to familiarize with projects, beneficiaries, team leaders, and partners.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and other Team Leads to identify opportunities, develop proposals, and build relationships with prospective partners.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders including donors, public sector organizations on behalf of the organization to ensure successful program delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Education Administration, Project Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or other related areas.
- 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Proven record of program management in a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Proven record of leadership skills at a mid or senior organizational level.
The Program Manager will report to the Head of Operations.
- Passion and Enthusiasm for Slum2School’s mission and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School a high-performing Pan-African Development organization.
- Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector.
- Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail, and delivery.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, uses sound, independent judgment, and discretion, and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic staff, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team spirit.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, departments, and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
- Strong relationship, business, and project management skills.
About Slum2School Africa
We are a volunteer-driven development organization that has taken the lead in transforming the lives of children and youths across underserved communities on the African continent through the provision of various educational development programs, state of the art learning facilities, infusion of 21st-century technology and vocational development, as well as educational scholarships into primary schools, secondary schools, and universities.
In 9 years, global impact has been realized through our core strategic scholarship and support programs.
The members of our team possess a range of skills, interests, and expertise that enable them to take responsibility for aggressive personal and organizational growth, the conceptualization, development, and implementation of new and emerging programs, identification and securing of diverse funding sources, and the recruitment, welfare, and retention of top-tier professionals who align with our vision and mission.
They have a firm belief and commitment to our vision and they are interested in scaling our projects and programs to new territories while building efficient sustainable systems.
We welcome you to join our team.